In a today’s Relationship Radio episode, our CEO, Kimberly Beam Holmes, took a closer look at how self-esteem influences marriage. Here’s a simplified breakdown of her insights:
1. What’s the Difference?:
Self-Esteem: How we overall feel about ourselves.
Self-Worth: Specific areas that build our self-esteem.
2. The Foundation of Self-Worth: Jennifer Crocker’s research showed seven key areas that contribute to our self-worth. Interestingly, only three – family support, virtue, and divine love – are considered healthy for our well-being.
3. The Marriage Connection: Relying on our spouses to constantly boost our self-esteem? Beware! It can lead to unrealistic expectations and stress in the relationship. But, Kimberly’s research offers hope: with the right steps, we can improve our self-esteem.
4. Attraction Isn’t Just Physical: Sure, physical attraction is great. But Kimberly stresses the importance of intellectual, emotional, and spiritual connections too. These deep bonds are vital for marriages to thrive.
5. The Bigger Picture: Spouses with healthy self-esteem often have happier marriages. They rely less on each other for validation, leading to a more fulfilling relationship.
6. Seeking Help: If low self-esteem is a recurring issue, especially due to past traumas, consider professional help. Therapies like EMDR can offer genuine healing.
In a Nutshell: Your self-esteem plays a huge role in your marriage. By understanding and working on it, you pave the way for a happier, healthier relationship.
7 STEPS TO RESCUE YOUR MARRIAGE
Your husband or wife has said your marriage is over and they’re ready to move on with their life. Where does this leave you?
We have helped thousands of people in this exact situation. You are not without hope and it’s not too late to make a difference in your marriage.
This is what the divorce lawyers don’t want you to hear. Click the link below to learn the 7 Steps to Rescue Your Marriage!